I did just a couple of things differently than the recipe calls for you to do. I did omit the chipotle chili powder because my 5 year old would be eating it and I was afraid it may be too spicy for her. I also used monterey jack cheese instead of colby-jack simply because we like it better.
Overall opinion: it was meh. It was actually bland and I probably should have added the chipotle chili powder. I honestly couldn't even taste the green chilies at all. The corn tortillas added to the bland because they pretty much became mush in the pan. It was so underwhelming that I even forgot to snap a photo. We all agreed it was missing something. Unfortunately, we probably won't try this one again for a while.
One Pan Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada SkilletRecipe via Heather Likes Food
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 C chicken broth
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp chipotle chili powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (4oz) can chopped black olives
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 C sour cream
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 C colby-jack cheese, grated