When I first started this knitting project, I didn't realize that the colors I chose would make Rowan look like a little watermelon. A little seedless watermelon.
There are so many mistakes. New pattern, new stitch, new bind off, still fairly new to knitting, and a very active toddler equal mistakes will happen. A few places I should have purled and I knitted and vice versa so the seed stitch/moss stitch pattern is slightly askew in a few places.
The back portion turned out great! I had all that practice with the front section to help me along. When I began the new bind off technique for the shoulders, I didn't realize that right sides need to be facing so my shoulder seams are on the outside. Can't fix it, so all I can say is that now I know what to do next time. It was an easy to follow pattern and great for beginners. Plus it's free! You can't beat that!
There are three sizes included in the pattern, 2-4-6. I chose to make the size 2 even though she is wearing more 3T clothes now. The top is smidge too large, but she will have room to grow into it. I'd much rather it be too large to start than already too small to wear. I haven't yet washed it so I think some shrinking may occur.
Soli pattern found here on Ravelry!